Jobs at Fistreem
Product Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Reporting to: Business Manager
Synoptics Inc. is one of the world’s leading innovative systems for imaging and analyzing life science processes and applications, including DNA, RNA and proteins. Our technology includes a wide range of products that provide instant gel documentation and automated chemiluminescence (western blot) detection and analysis.
Our key customers are from the biotech, pharma and food industries and academic research laboratories.
We seek someone to support the sales organization on existing products through remote installation, application training, software updates, and system troubleshooting for each step of the customer’s process on speciality equipment for the Biotechnology research & development industry.
We seek someone to support the sales organization on existing products through remote installation, application training, software updates, and system troubleshooting on equipment for the Biotechnology research & development industry.
The ideal individual will:
- be self-motivated
- be a self-starter
- have strong time management skills
- be able to prioritize projects
- multitask at a high level of efficiency
- be results-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have familiarity with basic lab techniques, instrumentation, and software but will include on-the-job product training
- work well independently but will appreciate being part of a dynamic team
- Provide technical and application support for Syngene & Synbiosis customers, representatives, and distributors.
- Diagnosing hardware and software faults.
- Make recommendations on equipment to customers.
- Remote installation and configuring systems for customers.
- Updating software versions for customers.
- Convey customers’ voices to product management to promote innovation and address evolving market requirements.
- Help design and implement ongoing training programs.
- Make independent decisions regarding identifying issues, root causes and a plan of action to resolve issues presented.
- Addresses customers’ and distributors’ questions and concerns promptly.
- Occasional help answers incoming service tickets in Raise A Ticket (RAT) program. Work toward resolving the stated problem or escalation.
- Travel to the US home office in Frederick, MD, for ongoing training and meetings.
- Travel to the UK office based in Cambridge for ongoing training and meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Work experience in Life Sciences, Biosciences, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or similar technical field is a plus
- Experience in the use and troubleshooting of equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a professional and confident demeanour
- Previous training experience
- High-level understanding of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer support experience
- Ability to Travel up to 30%
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k match
To apply please send your CV and any relevant experience to Maureen Gauvreau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to: Production Manager
Synoptics Inc. is one of the world’s leading, innovative systems for the imaging and analysis of life science processes and applications including DNA, RNA and proteins. Our technology includes a wide range of products designed to provide instant gel documentation and automated chemiluminescence (western blot) detection and analysis.
Our key customers are from the biotech, pharma and food industries, as well as from academic research laboratories.
We are looking for someone to support the sales organization on existing products through remote installation, application training, software updates, and system trouble shooting for each step of the customer’s process on specialty equipment to the Biotechnology research & development industry.
The ideal individual will:
- Be able to work from build instructions and works orders with minimal supervision
- Work accurately and with attention to detail
- Have a basic Electro/Mechanical knowledge
- Be well organised, able to plan and prioritise work
- Possess initiative, a flexible and adaptable outlook and be a good team player
- Possess a basic understanding of using a computer (training on our Sage 200 system will be given)
- Soldering skills would be advantageous but training can be given
Assembly of Synoptics Products, ensuring that products are built on time and to high quality standards, so that they can be shipped to customers requirements. You need have a basic understanding of using a computer and full training will be given on our Sage 200 system.
- Assembly and wiring of Synoptics Products as per build instructions
- Cables as required
- Repair/rework of items as necessary
- Check items built by sub-contractors to ensure they conform with specification
- Kitting as required for works orders
- Ensure timescales and quality are to agreed standards
- Basic test of some Synoptics products
- Liaise with other departments as necessary
- Prepare / pack for shipment
- Maintain test records of products built
Documentation / Equipment / Health & Safety
- Be aware of Health & Safety requirements
New Product Introduction
- Where necessary, assisting in introducing new products into Production, liaising with other departments, ensuring documentation is available, undertaking training and giving training to new members of staff as required.
- Undertaking special projects as directed by the Production Manager
- Performing any task necessary to “get the job done”